Thursday 18 July 2013

BOOT CAMP: LIVE FIT Health and Fitness!!! p4


DETERMINED?!


 

 DAY 6 & 7

Day 6, I was pretty much feeling like that!!! Tiredness, body ache, Fever, Headache from hell and that sore-throat was the worst!! Felt like I was being punished for something. Its true what they say, the earth has been hit by a new and improved virus that knows how to trick your anti-virus, puts them to sleep and takes advantage of your inability to fight it. Its all true (source: self, lol)

I couldn't go to boot-camp, the headache and fever wouldn't let me, plus I was feeling as cold as a polar bear in some really cold country (save for all that fur to keep it warm)

Determined to turn my luck around, I decided to take matters in my own hands, my dad's treadmill was staring right at me like saying 'come and use me' in a treadmill-type-voice (because they speak you know) and I decided that would be it for the night, exercise in the comfort of my home.



 I told myself I should not go three days without exercise (okay, that's what my trainer says) and I really had no excuse now, I was in a controlled environment which meant if I felt really bad, I could reduce the speed and walk and when I felt better, I ran.


Needless to say it was the most awesome decision ever. I went for 30 minutes with very few short breaks in between to take some fluid. I felt really accomplished afterward and a little better. The warm-down was rushed, I was tired and just wanted my much needed rest.














I went straight to bed afterwards (I showered too, I promise) and the after-burn the next day was uhm, unexpected but atleast it meant the treadmill move meant something to my body.

DAY 7




At this point, I was a little frustrated because I was still down with a cold. Even after all that medication, I was still very woozy.  Felt like my best-friend (my body) was letting me down - we have always been such good friends but now, 3 days down the road and I still have the bug. I wasn't Quitting, Nope! not today anyway.

Shopping felt like the only way to cheer me up, went to get me some new work-out gear, something that speaks 'Im fine' - as in like physically okay.. lol. So I thought pink was the most girly and predictable way to go.. i wanted that!!



I asked the shop lady at the counter if my new Workout gear would make me feel and look like her *points at pic above* and she was right about one thing, the new gear did give me a bit of a boost. As for the body, i think she meant after a few more weeks of working out, I might just look like that!! (just so you know, this conversation happened only in my head!)

Seriously though, a new out fit can fix a number of problems. Was tired of my All black and occassional white, i have to make pink work for me.

Determined again, I went out to the soccer field, jogged alone (in my new kit - *insert huge smile*) and a bit of some leg work that my trainer showed me the previous week. Work-out was not a total fail that day either.
Day 8 though, No excuses, this alien bug has to leave my body completely so I can get back to my tough work - out routine. I AM DETERMINED!!!!



Check out my trainer>> #LiveFit >> follow link below;

http://www.facebook.com/livefitzambia?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline

twitter: @TheRealMuz
instagram @TheRealMuz

No comments:

Post a Comment