Wednesday 10 July 2013

BOOT CAMP: LIVE FIT Health and Fitness!!! p2

DAY 2 and DAY 3

My trainer says use whatever motivates you to keep you going! Everyone must have a goal at bootcamp.. State your goal, whether it be an image of a better you or whatever it is really. ONE (not very important but important enough to keep me going) goal of mine has to be those amazing Abz *focus below* ;)

Gabrielle Union on her fitness tip!



Day 2 had me wishing I did not start this to begin with. OMG!!!! firstly, the after-burn from Day 1 of bootcamp.. My legs, haha, I can laugh now because the pain is gone (Hallelujah), the lunges had me seeking help to get up and down the stairs. I thank the heavens lunges were not part of day 2 but instead got introduced to Planking *insert horrified face here*



It looks easy to be honest but uhm.....yeah, lets just say for a First-time-planker, I wasn't very bad, I hit 1min 14secs.. which means on a 'Core-Scale' of 1 to 10, I am at 1min 14secs (lmfao) no really, I don't know what it means but why the Plank you ask...well, for this;

Planking works your core
'Bridging' was better for me only because I managed to stay still for a whole 5mins. Not bad for a first timer! (said my trainer!)



...and this would be why we Bridge!

Lets not forget the frog-jumps, the push-up, situps and the jumping jacks I still had to do. I have to be honest here, this was worse than day one because of the pain I was already feeling. During the exercise though, got warm enough to suppress the pain, after the work out, I religiously did my warm down because it is the most vital one. Returning home on a Friday night, I felt like I was tortured for refusing to give away state secrets. (Not that I know what that should feel like, it hurts, that's all I know)

Fitness is a lot of hard work. Its only Day 2 but I have to keep reminding myself this is good....for me. May hurt (really badly) now but the future looks bright.

DAY 3




Its true, the pain goes away after a while. I woke up feeling awesome and ready for Day 3.

Back to the sprints and the walks and the jogs and *cough* the beautiful walking lunges and this time, I did what they call 'Burpees'.. hella funny name but yeah, apparently they are good for you.

Lunges and what they help with:



The sprints are never fun but as I keep doing them, I can tell the difference from the first time I run. And my girly push-ups just got better.

I need to take the before and after pictures tonight for some reference point lest I lose focus.


Again, I insist, if you are lazy but really want to work out, get yourself a trainer who will push you beyond limits you thought you could not reach. Its only been 3 sessions but until you start, you wont understand how awesomely important (and painful) working out really is.




Check out my trainer;

Follow:
http://www.facebook.com/livefitzambia
@therealmuz on twitter and instagram


2 comments:

  1. I think when u start u cant stop..but what about the body aches from the training??

    ReplyDelete
  2. currently i am experiencing alot from the last session cz i pushed myself but overall, it becomes manageable. its so addictive. and we are inviting u soonest!

    ReplyDelete